WIFTA Student Tuition Scholarship Program
The Student Scholarship program provides financial assistance annually to promising WIFTA student members. Each year a scholarship of up to $1,500 is awarded to one (or more) deserving female student member(s) studying film/ video production at an accredited Georgia college or university. Qualifying candidates are evaluated based on their academic standing, artistic talents and commitment to a film-based curriculum. Each year’s recipient is honored at that year’s WIFTA Anniversary Gala & Awards Ceremony; with the scholarship award being paid directly to the recipient’s college or university.
All female, student members are eligible to apply.
Students who join WIFTA during the Student Scholarship Application period also qualify for a $10.00 discounted student membership rate of ONLY $35! JOIN TODAY!
RECENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
2013 – Danielle Wilcox
2010 – Jessica Guerra
2009 – Sue Ellen Chitunya
2008 – Cyndee Bayless
2007 – Shanna Gildersleeve
2006 – Darnina Hodge
2005 – Chanju Lee
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a current WIFTA member in good standing
- Be female
- Be a student majoring in, or whose primary field of study is film or video at an accredited Georgia 4 year college or university
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Required Items:
- Completed application form
- A brief essay (1000 words or less) highlighting your accomplishments and explaining your career goals
- A Letter of Recommendation from an advisor or faculty member
- Proof of current enrollment
- A short sample of your work on DVD, 5 min or less
NOTE: Women in Film & Television Atlanta (WIFTA) supports individual women filmmakers through our annual scholarship program, where we award an established amount (currently $1,500) to a deserving female student based on their academic standing, artistic talents and commitment to a film-based curriculum. As an all volunteer organization, we operate on very limited funding, and unfortunately cannot honor requests to sponsor or contribute to individuals. All female students are welcome to apply for the scholarship, and can be assured that all applicants are considered equally in making a selection for the most deserving candidate.