Devorah Foundation Grant
The Devorah Foundation is a fund which supports special projects, training, professional development and/or mentorship opportunities for emerging women filmmakers and/or emerging WIF film/TV communities around the world. Once a year, a small committee will award a grant to an individual woman, a new chapter of Women in Film and TV, or a group of women in a developing filmmaking region which will facilitate their/her growth as a member of the international filmmaking community. Founded by former WIFTI Chair and TV/Film Producer Ina Fichman, the Devorah Foundation is a tribute to her late Grandmother Deborah Tietolman.
The Devorah Foundation aims to support projects whose goal is to improve the well-being of women who work in film, television and new media including those that:
- promote economic self-sufficiency of women in the industry;
- assist women to make their own decisions and take control of their lives;
- teach women to become leaders;
- inspire senior women to become role models for emerging women in film and television;
- eliminate gender discrimination.
- promote the values and objectives of WIFTI