Join WIFTA for a writer’s workshop series taught by Pilar Alessandra and Linda Sherbert for only $279.
***YOU MUST ATTEND 1ST WORKSHOP IN ORDER TO PURCHASE THE 2ND OR 3RD WORKSHOP IF YOU ARE NOT PURCHASING AS A PACKAGE
- Session 1 with Pilar Alessandra: Saturday, July 29 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($129)
- Session 2 with Linda Sherbert: Saturday, August 19 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday, August 20 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. ($99)
- Session 3 with Linda Sherbert: Saturday, September 30 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday, October 1 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.($99)
During Weekend 1, you will:
- Identify the tone and scope of your series;
- Break story on your original pilot;
- Make decisions about structure;
- Define your characters and prospective relationships;
- Explore episode and arc potential;
- Leave with all of the components you need to explore your new series and write your pilot; and
- A complete first draft is not required to take this class.
PILAR ALESSANDRA is the director of the writing program On the Page®, host of the popular On the Page Podcast and author of “The Coffee Break Screenwriter.” Pilar started her career as Senior Story Analyst at DreamWorks SKG and, in 2001, opened the On the Page Writers’ Studio in Los Angeles. Her students and clients have written for The Walking Dead, Lost, House of Lies, Nip Tuck and Family Guy. They’ve sold features and pitches to Warner Bros, DreamWorks, Disney and Sony and have won the prestigious Nicholl Fellowship, Austin Screenwriting Competition and Warner Bros. TV Writing Workshop. Pilar has trained writers at ABC/Disney and CBS and traveled the world teaching in London, Beijing, Warsaw, Lisbon and South Africa. For more on Pilar, go to: www.onthepage.tv
During the next two weekends, Linda Sherbert will give you the nuts and bolts to continue writing your script.
In these two workshops, you will focus on the following:
- Basics of screenwriting
- Conflict & character exploration
- Structuring scenes & sequences to build a story
- Story structure (beginnings, middles & endings)
- Visual storytelling
- Story mapping, character, scene & story goal exploration
- Log lines
Linda Sherbert is a veteran writer, script consultant, and instructor of screenwriting courses. Currently, she is working on several screenplays, one of which garnered interest from Disney. She has worked as a teaching artist at the Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre since 2003, where she taught the dramatic writing courses and continues to teach the screenwriting courses. She has taught at the University of Georgia, Art Institute of Atlanta, Kennesaw State University, and Emory University. She has been a guest lecturer at SCAD since 2011. She earned an MFA at Catholic University, and she continues to study screenwriting with a UCLA film instructor. In Los Angeles, she has coached writers on how to pitch. She writes for national magazines. She is one of Atlanta’s busiest script consultants for film and TV.
The registration link is below:
Georgia Public Broadcasting
260 14th St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318